View Single Post
Old 03-20-2004, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Much to my chagrin, I still don't own that 'Madison Blues' set.
I've been drooling over it for a while now though... I would just like to find it for a little less than $35 bucks!
In the thread that was here about MB a while back, someone said they "saw it going cheap on ebay" (though I haven't seen it there myself) so hopefully that'll work for you (don't know what their idea of "cheap" was/is though).

Shame about them not having the masters for the non LP CS tracks, I hope the vinyl they use is in better shape than the ones I have otherwise, I'll just stick with the vinyl versions I have and skip the CD's but however they release them, I'll be interested to see how they do it with the time constraints and all, hmm...

Quote:
Originally posted by macfan 57
Mike Vernon did mention that the Chicken Shack singles never made it onto their albums. I took that to mean that those singles will be released this time. I'm thinking that maybe they'll be on that Blue Horizon box set. He also mentioned something about some live Chicken Shack recordings, although I'm not sure if he was referring to Christine era CS or after she left the band.

I have only 4 of the tracks from that Martha Velez album on a compilation CD. Just looking at the liner notes, it said that Christine played piano on that record. Someone else is listed as playing organ. So I assume any piano that's on that album is Christine. I'm definitely getting that CD, too.
This live deal sounds interesting, though I bet it's non CP era CS (as I know CS did release some live albums latrer on, though I'm not sure if they were while they were still with BH or not, I don't think so for some reason though) or the OA/FTV stuff we already have but here's hoping anyways. Funnily enough, I think they did release a live album which had a Shack lineup that included one of the bogus FM members.

Yeah, I've always assumed that Christine is playing the piano parts on the Velez album and that Mick Weaver (AKA "Wynder K. Frog") is playing the organ parts on the record but I know there are listings SOMEWHERE saying which songs everyone's on and what they do, it's just that the ones I've seen have conflicting info so hopefully the notes on that reissue will set the records straight once and for all.

John