View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 04:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I dont think adding just Stevie in the mix in 1974 would have changed the band so much. Lindsey changed it with guitar and new production sound. The band probably would have had some success with Lindsey.
But the couple needed each other and the band also needed them and the couple needed the band.
Adding both was like a chemical equation. Each is not as powerful without the other. So just adding one to Fleetwood Mac would not change very much. However Lindsey is a musician and I think they would have had some success with him. The star power of both completely changed the band almost like a new band.
I heard Stevie say once that "Lindsey and her did not get people falling out of their chairs during the Buck/Nicks era until they joined Fleetwood Mac." She sounded a bit resentful because she explained how hard they worked.
The 5 together was like the perfect recipe. You cant take one away during the foundation years and expect the same success.