View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You may call it whiny but I think it was the most difficult of all the divas. I think its fair and objective to point out Stevie is a different kind of diva than the rest of them. Stevie does not group dance like Janet Jackson or carry a cordless microphone dancing across the stage. So I think some handicapping of the impersonation is in order. I believe any other of the queens doing Stevie would have suffered the same fate.
Stevie may have been a gay icon but not like Diana Ross and the others. In the late 90's when A Night of a 1000 Stevie's came out, Stevie did not embrace the idea. Around the second or third event Stevie said it was "really scary."
So I get what the queen meant and tried to portray. In addition Stevie does her show not prancing the stage but in front of a wired microphone.
I agree with this. She is definitely is not as easy to impersonate as some of these others. However, he said he was a fan so, in my opinion, he should have been a bit more enthusiastic. I could tell from the time they said he was going to impersonate her that he would be going home. They should have let them lip sync to a small clip of actual songs by those divas instead of whatever song that was they performed. Was that Ru Paul singing that song and trying to sound like each of these women?