View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think the McVies are pretty conservative, but I think everyone else is left of center. However, that was as of a quarter century ago. I don’t know how they swing, now, especially in these strange times.

I don’t think Stevie dug Madonna’s sexuality being out in the open in general. Then again, I think Stevie considered Madonna a threat.
Several months ago I was watching the old Dance rehearsal interviews. They spoke about the Bill Clinton inauguration. Chris was asked if she and the band would consider doing a song or concert for Tony Blair (UK Prime Minister at the time). Chris and John looked as if they saw a ghost. They both said no and they would never do anything for the Labor party. I found it funny because while Chris has made it known she would never have voted for Bill Clinton (said this during her 1995 online interview), she was honored he wanted to use the song. However, the same analogy could not be used for Tony Blair. Clearly the McVie's are staunch conservatives.