View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
Does anybody think that, in part, all the continued "drama" talk from the members of Fleetwood Mac is simply to add to a larger narrative? It's great for business to constantly be discussing the relationships and "craziness" that is the band as it is what grabs headlines. I do not for one second think that Stevie and Lindsey are anywhere near being best friends, however I do think that both are very good at heighthening their neutrality towards each other in order to keep the Fleetwood Mac saga going within the public; the ongoing troubles of Fleetwood Mac is what keeps many interested in the band.
agree, but there does seem to be this new, additional layer to the talk lately. Anyone else notice how much Stevie has latched onto this new narrative (especially since her mom died) about how she's been "raised to be independent" and "raised not to depend on any man' Now, she's said similar sorts of things off and on for years… but this seems to have become her theme for this point in time, and on this tour. Like she creates a "uniform" in terms of her outfits and hair and jewelry for each tour, she crafts a series of talking points and a narrative for each tour. This tour it's all about her independence and how she's beholden to no one. She's taken it even further in the Rolling Stone article and in the Maclean's article (see the Stevie thread for the whole article). In the Maclean's she is really feisty and says "no one has the balls to tell me what to do" blah blah blah. So it feels like there's something up, on top of just having her talking points for the tour (which I get when you do a zillion interviews for months and months-- you're not under the stress of coming up with something new every time you meet with a reporter)… she's really trying to prove something, whatever it is. Time is getting short for them to get sh*t done individually and as a team… does she feel she gave up too much along the way for the band and she's not going to do it again??