View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
(Hope you don't mind that I rewrote your quote to talk about one song instead of two)

Normally I would agree with you or anyone else that suggests an updated new arrangement of a song. But SYLM is so perfect exactly as it originally is that I was actually disappointed that it was the only updated classic. I didn't mind the banjo arrangement but I did not love it either.
Wait, were you disappointed in SYLM or disappointed that they didn't update more songs? Not sure I'm getting what you mean in your second sentence.

I definitely understand your point on the banjo. I liked it, but I agree SYLM is a perfect pop song. Actually, the importance of the song to the band was underlined in their choosing of it for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction performance. It absolutely belongs in the top 10 Fleetwood Mac's most iconic songs, over Everywhere, Little Lies, Hold Me, even You Make Loving Fun. I tried to make this point in that other thread. It's one of the songs the band will be most remembered for.