View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Accuracy is the key. "Close enough" just doesn't cut it.

If somebody posted a photo of Lindsey in 1978 when he had cut his hair & shaved, playing a Gibson Les Paul and claimed it to be from the Tusk era, they'd be wrong, since they were still touring to back Rumours at the time.

The key to '87 vs '90 concert photos...if Billy's playng a Les Paul, it's 87, if he's playing a Strat, 90 and Billy's hair is much longer in 90.
If you read my first post I didn't ask for Behind The Mask promos or live photos, I didn't even mention a specific year. I specifically used the word "era".

The Rumours era of the band encompasses the 1975 album Fleetwood Mac and the albums that followed, so why can't the Behind The Mask era encompass the Tango tour when Billy and Rick first appeared? It's just a general term meant as guidance, not meant to be oh-so-specific. What else would you call it? It seems a pretty neat, concise term to me, era meaning "a period of time marked by distinctive character, events". Well I'd say the Behind The Mask era is marked by Billy and Rick joining the band to tour, eventually leading to the recording of their first original work together, Behind The Mask and its subsequent tour.

And just to annoy you more here's a couple more "Behind The Mask era" photos I found even though I know they are earlier.

Last edited by trackaghost; 06-15-2009 at 10:26 AM..