View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Regarding the band having to grovel to Lindsey to get him to return, maybe if this was 25 years ago. The interviews he’s done this past year have only impressed upon me how willing he would be to return to the band, and how much the band’s legacy means to him, and how he feels it’s important to wrap up the name Fleetwood Mac with a more dignified ending. He seems quite wistful, despite the childishly degrading way he was shown the door. And it’s not like the band has a long future before it, anyway. I think Lindsey knows it has one, maybe two additional tours left in it... and that he could put aside his creative disagreements long enough to close out the band in a respectful way.
He seems willing to end his career with FM in a more dignified way. Yes, he's probably also doing it for the money, but I think he needs this closure with the band before going on with his solo work. He seems more focused in doing it for the fans and for himself than for the band.

I think all of them need to put aside their own agenda if they want this to work again. Not just Lindsey.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.