View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Got to be tough playing 800 seat theaters when your old band is playing 20,000 seats a night. My understanding is that Mick Fleetwood and John McVie co-own Fleetwood Mac and all the others are technically employees. Thus, I believe Mick/John probably had the right to fire Lindsey. Lindsey may be entitled to some portion of the proceeds from this tour if they had a contract in place and it sounds like this is the basis for the lawsuit; in other words, Lindsey believes he's entitled to his share of the revenue from this current tour which, by report, was about 14 million. Apparently he and the band have been discussing a settlement since he was fired and nothing has come of that negotiation so now he's suing essentially to get paid. My guess is that Lindsey has a weak case as contracts usually have an clause saying that the person isn't entitled to the money if he/she is fired for cause. I suspect the band will say that they fired him for cause. That being said, it's probably best for both parties that this be resolved quickly so this will probably be quietly settled before long.