View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I'm very pleased...

After a week of reading the book, I'm very glad I made the purchase. I mainly focused on Green's career, and the Derek and the Dominoes era of Clapton. A friend told me after seeing pictures of Duane Allman in his bio "Skydog" he didn't look long for this planet motorcyle crash or not. It was great that Green was able to jam with the Allmans in New Orleans after he left FM. I have that famous Grateful Dead show 2-11-70, and there are too many musicians on stage to enjoy the performance.

This book shows that Green's decent into oblivion was gradual, and not based on one incident in Munich. What I can't understand is how this driven guitar player, who forced himself into John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, becomes this broken person in four years. I personally know of one acid casualty (he's still alive, but not the same), he played bass in a band I was in during high school. This person had a quiet and shy personality, and that wasn't Peter Green pre-drugs. I figured those were the types of people that shouldn't have used the drug. Listening to the Blue Horizon box set, it doesn't take long to hear who's running the show. With the studio false starts and outtakes, producer Mike Vernon had his hands full dealing with Green.
Green must've used LSD on a level that a lot of us couldn't comprehend.