View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Ledgie

Default the price tag for gary moore

Dear Folks

A firnd of mine ,who is a guitar trader, returned from a guitar expo during the summer i texas and told me that in private sale, Gary Moore sold the said 59 les paul for 1.2 million. Apparently this was a bargain for people of disposable wealth or insane greed. legend has it that gary moore gave a blank check to the maker of the first marshall tube amp but was rebuffed. in either case, gary moore's word to PG isn't worth much or he has other priorities.

Regarding the stuff on the Les Paul Sunburst site. Many americans still have only a vauge recollection of PG. He camre through like the wind and left whispers of greatness in his path. Many of these folks only got into british groups as an afterthought. This country is littered with the forgotten Roy Buchannans , Michael Bloomfields and Danny Gattons who reach fame posthumously(forgive spelling) or after thet are a shell of themselves. It was a different time in the sixties yet fans are always johny come latelys to trailblazers. Plus The vintage Les Paul Crowd do not even knw why they like them. If it was not for Clapton, Bloomfield, Green, and Allman/Betts, it would not arouse the interest that generates that high dollar figure.
I

old time PG fan, novice chat room participant