View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
I think I get what you are saying (although I like "Little Lies", and I mean publicly [lol... why do you feel you can only listen to it in the privacy of your bedroom?]), but...

How can you not include "Everywhere" with these other two????!!!! It made many people I know start thinking FM made elevator music. And I can't even listen to it alone in any room!
I don't have that idea of Everywhere. It seems kind of substantive to me. I will say though that Christine's voice kind of makes me feel things a lot deeper than the actual words and music would dictate. When she says, "You know that I'm falling and I don't know what to say . . ." to me her voice almost has that fullness you get when tears are forming, coming up in your throat, making your words a little thick. Just the sound of her can do that. If someone else sang Everywhere, maybe I would think it was just elevator music. I don't know.

I don't want anyone to know I like Little Lies, stash it away at the bottom of my sock drawer, where no one else can see -- actually, that's not true. I was at Olive Garden sitting at the counter during lunch and the bartender started singing Little Lies and I went out of my way to start a conversation about FM like I was some deranged person. So, I claim possession of all FM songs, there are just some I am more proud of than others.

I think Little Lies is deeper than it seems on the surface though. It's a treasure for what it is, I just wish people didn't think that's what FM is. I don't want them to be ABBA. And you ABBA fans, lay off. I am sure that they are great if you go far enough into their catalog, but the songs of theirs that are the most popular kind of make me flinch and that's what Little Lies does to the perception of FM.

Michele