View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
though it does seem McVie joined/Bruns left closer to Sept of '67
In Mick's book however (taken with a grain of salt I know) he says (refering to the pre-McVie days):

"We spent the autum of 1967 doing our venues - the 100 Club and the Marquee Club in London, Sheffield University, Bradford College, the Nottingham Boat Club, Enfield Technical College and clubs all over Wolverhampton, North Wales, Manchester, Brighton, Grimbsy, Leicester. We played Cook's Ferry Inn and The Chelsea Cat. We honed our raw and vulgar blues music almost every night for three months until we were as tight as a drumhead."

"Then John McVie decided to join Fleetwood Mac, at least. It was December 1967, and we were playing the Ram Jam Club in Brixton when we got the call..."

I take two things away from this (assuming Mick's memory is correct).

There were a hell of a lot more gigs than just 10... (the ones he mentioned above were after the two sets they played at the Windsor Jazz and Blues Festival).

PLUS

If they spent the autumn of 1967 playing with Brunning that would be (equinoxes aside) covering the months of September, October and November.

I'll have to dig out Brunning's book to see what he says about the matter...

EDIT

Ok looking at Brunning's book he lists gig dates from August 13th 1967 (Windsor) though to December 10th (Turnstall). He lists over 20 gigs between 4th October and 10th December.

Last edited by chriskisn; 06-16-2010 at 06:12 AM..