View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This was my fourth and final show for this tour, here in my hometown of Nashville. While "Annabelle Lee" was still missing in action (no big loss ) she brought the house down with more energy and more power within her voice than the previous shows I'd seen. Nashville, she said, is like L.A. ~ if you're gonna be good anywhere, it's gotta be here! Because of that, she took a few more chances, vocally, and hit some stunning high notes that sounded gorgeous.

My funny story of the night was once again trying to get a picture or video of "Moonlight". At previous shows, my phone had either died by the time the song came on, or it was just being slow and uncooperative. I hate my phone.

Once the piano intro started and she came walking out in that fur, I immediately got goosebumps. I was six rows away from her standing front and center...and then I realized that I was the only one in my row standing at that point. She looked at me as she was singing and I got absolutely GUTTED with emotion. By the time the full band joined in to finish out the song, everyone had risen to their feet. I'm in tears once again. The song ends and I realize that my chance to get any of that song on film has been blown. But you know what? I don't care. It was a moment. It was a memory.

Another important note is that she was in an abnormally giddy mood the whole night. Almost as if she'd been drinking or snorting something beforehand. LOL! Obviously, that's not the case, but seeing her have so much fun made it fun for the audience. And more interesting for me, at least. And believe me, having seen her so many times, I can tell you that I've been to some Stevie shows where she's "phoned it in" and left the stage. Not the case in Nashville. She was ON!

~ Highlights ~
"Wild Heart" and "Bella Donna", but then...duh.
"If You Were My Love"
"Belle Fleur" ~ and I have to say that THIS song translates sooooooooo well in a live setting. It sounds exactly like the album!!!
"MOONLIGHT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The "Gold Dust Woman" crackhead dance
The "Stand Back" twirling followed by throwing the cape around her neck ~ badass!
The joy and fun that Stevie and Chrissie have while performing "SDMHA"

I could go on, but I'm still processing. And still a little sad that, for me, it's over. But here's hoping for a new Fleetwood Mac album (WITH STEVIE) next year and here's hoping for "Songs From The Vault Part Two" in 2018!!!