View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, who here has actually been to Kristen's showroom? I wonder if when you go there she is actually there herself, or if she has a team. I also wonder who got the personal assistant job she was advertising a year ago...

Design is a great profession to master, especially when you have the resources to create a platform from which to launch. I mean that as the spouse of a rock star/musician I think her decision to go into interior design was excellent. Not only is it "hip" at the moment, but it's fairly safe in the sense that she can flourish in her field and not have to worry too much about critics lambasting her for her pears or the multi-colored living rooms, or the clutter. She can pretty much do her thing and almost seem like an anonymity but at the same time gain respect.

It's like when Stella McCartney decided to go into fashion design instead of a music career. It was a calculated decision because she didn't want to deal with the backlash of being so-and-so's daughter. Although she is fairly overrated and appeals mainly to the Hollywood elite who do anything that is "in" at the moment, the medium has allowed her tremendous exposure, success, attention from A listers willing to strut the next Vegan booties...and all of this with far, far less criticism than if she had chosen a different profession.

I think it's smart. And Kristen seems to have a keen awareness of what is "hot" at the moment, so good for her!