View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I've been listening already too!

Prepare for Lindsey's most consistant soloalbum to date. Consistant in quality, but also in sound and production. It's a winner. For me the faves are:
-the title track, ( just beautiful and tender )
-In Our Own Time , ( I think it's a masterpiece and I'm really curious what US radio does with the weird unconventional treatment of this song )
-TTWLG, (what a great great rocker, I cried from the solo till the end. Also the It Goes It Goes -screams are spinechilling),
-One Take
( he really shreds the Turner to pieces on this one, fabulous lyric, great Livesong I presume, with an extended solo- please extend it until it becomes almost ridiculous- this is the best soloriffing he did in years!)

-Rock Away Blind ( I sincerely think this one is one of his best songs, maybe even is going to win a spot above Shut Us Down in my fave-list)

- The End Of Time ( is simply a classic Mac song, I was afraid the studioversion would never reach the emotional level from the liveversion, but believe me, it does.)

It's an album with an approach, a vision. It's incredibly wellcrafted and original. And the guitarwork on this album is beyond stunning. Not only because of the skills, but also because of the feel. What an artist. There's no comparison.

And: for a lot of people a minor thing, but for me: a Milestone in Lindsey's songcraft: 11 tracks and NOT ONE fade out!!!!