Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac’s darling singer Stevie Nicks has a new album dropping that she cowrote with Eurythmics’ Dave Stewart. Nicks’ collaboration In Your Dreams calls to mind the title of Eurythmics’ 1983 hit single “Sweet Dreams.”

“This has been the best musical year of my life, honestly,” Nicks admits. ”And I’ve done lots of albums with Fleetwood Mac and solo records that have been fantastic.” One year ago, Stevie invited Dave Stewart to her home in L.A. where she found in him a writing partner and producer. She gave him a book of poetry that she pulled from her journals containing roughly 50 poems. They drew from classic ’60s pop for inspiration. ”I had to keep asking Dave whether we were making a Beatles’ album,” she says of “Everybody Loves You.” Stewart makes the comparison of the record’s unique retro sound to “a festival in 1969.”

“ This has been the best musical year of my life...

” Stevie Nicks Nicks wrote 7 of her new LP’s 13 tracks with Dave Stewart. There are also two tracks that Michael Campbell of Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers wrote that Stevie writes her own song on top of. She even pulls a hidden gem out of the song vault circa 1975-’76 that she’s kept under wraps until now. In Your Dreams hits shelves May 5th.

http://wrch.radio.com/2011/04/04/ste...-pop-together/