View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't think it's about money for Stevie. if it was, she would have simply left the mac after her last solo tour, where she doesn't have to split the income 5-ways. yes, Mac makes more money than her solo tour, but probably about 3 x as much , not 5x. so either she was trying to get out of the Mac tour blameless (speculations are that Mac tour has been booked since January), or she just really wanted to show Lindsey not just how she would leave so fast that palm leaves would hit him in the head or whatever it was few years ago - but that she now can even push him out. for her it would be a win-win - either they cancel the tour altogether if they don't wanna turn on LB, or they fire him if they do.

i think LB wanted FM tour because he wanted to finance comfortably his next solo tour. he was counting on Mac tour for that. he didn't want out, but after his album got converted and pushed back, he probably did want to try to push the start of the Mac tour from august to a bit later. but, the story goes, he relented. but then he wanted them to wait for his dates to be cemented before they announce the Mac tour, and supposedly that was the last straw.

Mick wanted the Mac tour and to get as much money as possible. plus we've seen Mick and Stevie together around the world an awful lot in the last few months. maybe there was a resentment that BuckVie was so well received and that LB and CM looked like they had so much fun.

then supposedly the vote came. it was Mick and Stevie vs Lindsey. i have to assume LB couldn't believe that they would even pull something like that on him. so Mick and Stevie want him out. they say they can't work with that arrogant jerk anymore. John goes with Mick, by default, because the 2 of them had a pact forever that they stick together - or something like that. so that's 3:1 and it's basically over. Christine is in the middle, and sad about the whole situation. i have no idea whether she voted or not. but she stayed with the band. Mick's social media looked like he's been really trying to butter her up lately. plus Mick is her real friend i think. he always kept in touch. i hope she tours the shortest time possible and then bolts.
A psychologist once explained to me that there are basically three motivations/reasons for most things in life: money, sex or power. It was money for Mick. It was power for Stevie.