View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 01:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know, there's nothing more "**** you" than a good punk rock record. Lots of people think that The Ramones, The Clash, and The Pistols were the only bands to come out of the punk rock scene, but there are many more that are just as great. Take for instance, The Avengers, one of the bands from the LA punk scene of the late 70s/early 80s. Songs like "Thin White Line," "Cheap Tragedies," and "Corpus Christi" pack more punch in a catchy punk tune than anything I've ever heard. Also, X has been consistent with their political punk/rockabilly style. Exene Cervenka may be tiny, but she could kick anyone's ass if she had to. And don't even get me started on The Stooges and The MC5. Nothing in the world will ever top the energy and passion those two groups turned into records.

I've never really heard anything woe-as-me come from a good punk rock band. Except maybe "Singles Going Steady" from The Buzzcocks, but that's a damn good album so I can't hold it against them.

I'll always be completely devoted to punk rock. I gotta agree with Fur here, you absolutely cannot compare the two. Punks and metalheads will never get along. I think it's written in the bible somewhere