View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Also interesting that he says they had been on again/off again for some time before the ultimate breakup. I always assumed that because he never proposed he was the non-committal one, but if Stevie had regularly broken things off that changes the equation.

The whole thing is great, and I love hearing the isolated parts, particularly the backing vocals.
oh she said that even way back. I've still got audio cassettes of interviews she did on radio (Mary Turner, etc etc etc) where she says they were breaking up when FM called, and that you "could't break up AND join FM at the same time-- it was just too much for one heart to take. So we stayed together for over a year" and then she says how they started making real money and that eased some of the tension at least for a while, she could get a nice apartment of her own and she could indulge in buying nice clothes and all that and it helped, but then after the first album and tour and all that they realized that the problems were all still there.

During the whole Kristen Steward Robert Pattinson thing when everyone was coming down on KS for cheating on RP Stevie made a public comment about how KS should be forgiven.... that she herself had been forgiven for infidelities more than once in her own life. And later, after Joe, she talked about how she loved Joe the way Lindsey loved her--- i.e. loving someone so much you tolerate bad behavior from them. I always found her objection to the "shacking up" line in GYOW to be pretty funny. She'd always say "I never shacked up with anyone while I was with him" and I thought, she must have a different definition of it then... maybe she meant she didn't have ongoing affairs or whatever, but you know one night stands are just as bad..

I think part of the attraction of joining FM for her was not having to work solely with him (which I get), and also it gave her a mechanism to leave him. Just my opinion.