View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have an excel sheet at home telling me which concerts I attended for what tour;-)
I saw MANY UTS,GoS & SWS shows...and they were pretty much neck and neck in my mind. I gave UTS a sentimental edge, in this case. Simply because there were so many really lovely moments...like the first time he sang Save Me a Place with the guys. Nearly made me cry. And he was so incredibly accessible during that tour, without the living legend airs that I felt from him on this one (sorry, I will say that I had some torn tendons in my foot and was in pain during the shows I saw for this one man band thing so...that could have made me super-grouchy and picking up things that weren't necessarily there).
During GoS...that last show...I thought was the most intense encore I have ever seen from anyone. I walked out of the Nokia shaking.
Seeds We Sow...well, among the shows I saw was the one at Goucher College (saw Lindsey later trying to buy something from the closed snack shop at the hotel...earlier, his handler/ manager had whisked him into the hotel as if there were 1000 women waiting for him instead of me, quietly sitting in the lobby, trying to use their WiFi for a mini-review to my friends. I didn't even know Lindsey was staying there until he walked past me. LB snuck back down a few minutes later to go the aforementioned snack shop). Anyway...for paranoid, city-slicker me to go running through the HUGE Goucher campus, with a flashlight, at night--to get back to the hotel, sealed the deal that I was a crazed Lindsey maniac. At least, in my mind.
Plus, you know, on some of these shows, I got to spend some time with my FM friends and that always makes things extra sweet.I don't see them as often as I'd like and we always have a great deal of fun together. And, ocassionally, run into Lindsey or Stevie and talk about it for years afterwards;-)