View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I can't really pick which tour I liked best -- aside from this most recent one being last in my ranking. From a pure setlist perspective, I liked the GOS songs best and I liked the UTS songs least. BUT when the UTS tour happened, I didn't have SWS or GOS to compare it to and I thought the UTS tour was spectacular at the time. Only in retrospect can I say that I liked the next two more. Judging each from the contemporaneous pleasure I got out of them then, then I guess they were equal.

Michele
i agree with liking UTS tour songs the least. of course he did occasional BTLH, Rodeo (or was that during GOS?), SMAP or Bwana then so that was a bonus, but UTS songs he picked to perform as a regular part of his setlist were not my favorite from that album. i don't think i heard Red Rover version from that tour, although i know he played it (there is that soundcheck where he plays it in one of his UTS tour videos... or was that GOS? i'm getting mixed up. btw he really needs to play Red Rover and To Try For The Sun if/when he does next OMS tour!!).

i'm not sure which setlist i like the best - possibly GOS, although maybe OOTC songs would be a strong contender too, especially This Is The Time with guitar wars, You Do Or You Don't, Doing What I Can were all out-of-this-world performances from what i could see on youtube. and SWS setlist was pretty great, although i would personally get rid of Trouble, Treason, AMS, and UTS, and wish he did his acoustic set in the manner he did those songs during OMS. OMS, except way too short setlist, every song was perfect, except i would get rid of Trouble, of course. so maybe SWS setlist was the best / my favorite?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"