View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Inspired by another thread: What is your opinion of Stevie's collaborations with Mike Campbell? I am not counting SDMHA because it is not a co-write.

Here's mine:

Love

1. Blue Denim - fantastic. I adore this song. One of my favorites of Stevie's.

2. Whole Lotta Trouble - A fun rocker. Great song!

3. Freedom - I think this is underrated. It's catchy.

Eh

4. For What It's Worth - the grammatical problem of this one annoys me no end and keeps me from enjoying it. I'm sorry. However, it has its good parts.

5. My Heart - OK. Boring in some parts.

6. Desert Angel - Tiresome and dreary in many parts. However, I don't think I hate it as much as everyone else, because it's not at the bottom for me. It has some nice lines.

7. Ghosts - Doesn't interest me. I usually skip it. Again, some nice lines here and there.

8. You Like Me - This one was released by the Williams Brothers but there's also an unreleased version of Stevie doing it. It's alright. Nothing special. Glad she didn't release it.

Loathe

9. I Don't Care - This song grates on me. It annoys me. I can't stand it.

10. Imperial Hotel - HATE. SO. MUCH. Meandering....self-indulgent, half-baked lyrics... awful.

Special Question: Should she do any of these with Fleetwood Mac?

No.
Haha. It's funny how you loathe "Imperial Hotel" and I love it. I agree the lyrics are corny but it's a short catchy rock song, very Tom Petty sounding of course.