Thread: New Music....
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 04:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think recording an album with 2 new members on such short notice is one reason why. Also, they need to agree on a producer, choose a studio, and align their schedules, since they all live in different areas. Even technical reasons we don't usually think of are in play- it takes months once an album is recorded to actually press the cds and get to stores. Even if they recorded an album in a month, it would barely be ready for release by the time the tour starts.

The real reason I suspect they're not recording an album first is because I think they're going to wait and see how the tour goes before they decide to record together. If the tour doesn't go well, whether it's audience reaction or behind the scenes, then they won't record together. If the tour does go well, then they will record an album.
Yeah they're discussing the possibility, but would be quite a commitment for them wouldn't it?

Btw, when Mick Fleetwood returned to Australia in 2016, I think he may have already been planning to do that before he met Neil Finn in NZ. Before he got there, he said he wanted to come back with his blues band and do some gigs with Australian singer Jimmy Barnes. (They did perform together in 2016 at an Australian blues festival.)

Age is probably not such an issue in the blues music genre, if that's where they're heading. But I think they'd still want to keep some of the FM sound.