View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 11:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default You can

Hello there

I read Carol's book as well, when it first came out and it did, for a few weeks, effect me, but I am friends with Carol and she is the nicest person, my answer is yes you can respect LB, you can surely respect him for his music, etc, and my opinion, and its merely a opinion, is that I am sure LB, like the rest of us, has many regrets about how he handles things possibly, and we all make mistakes, but he has moved on, as has Carol, I am not at all saying would LB may or may not have done is right, not at all, I am not condoning that possible behavior, but I am saying that we are all human and all make mistakes, and I didnt let that effect me as far as my respect for him goes, I respect him as a musician and for what his music has meant to me personally, he , from what I gather, went through a lot of personal issues back in the day, and I would assume, and like I am saying, I am assuming, he had some skeletons as some of us do, and he surely could have been a better person, but I dont know him personally nor was I in his shoes so I wont judge him, does it leave a bitter taste ? sure , its not great when your heroes or people you look up to have these dark moments come to life and it does and will leave a bad taste, but I respect him, he has a big family, he appears to be happy with his new wife and Carol is 100 % happy , so I am ok respecting him, I mean, it wasnt the best thing to find out per say, and its ok to maybe not hold some respect for him, but I am willing to put it aside per say, I respect people who dont, because of the violence , etc, so even though I am ok with moving on, I surely also respect others who dont approve or respect him. David