View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 12:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
And here's an interesting interview that Neil did with the Sodajerker Podcast where they interview some of the best songwriters in the world. Good stuff about the art and craft of songwriting ...

<iframe style="border: solid 1px #dedede;" src="https://app.stitcher.com/splayer/f/31345/28392713" width="220" height="150" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
I was cracking up over the comments about the 'kitchen' references in his lyrics - lol!

Always been thoughtful lyrics, without 'overthinking' the process. I get how he doesn't like to overanalyse the 'mystery' of it - of something that usually starts out intuitive or from deeper level.

It sounds like he usually begins writing the song on his own, with few distractions, and not really in collaboration with others (aside from his own family). Then he enjoys sharing it with other musicians and seeing what they may do with it, or what they find in it.

As he seems to feel, I think it helps musicians to occasionally go outside their own box, to try something new and different. That's something that may help the Mac at this point. I have feeling Neil's sense of fun and camaraderie may bring something out of them.