View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
In the Behind the Music you referred to, it also completely ignored Billy, Rick, Dave, and Bekka, so the fact it ignored Bob too didn't surprise me.

I'm not sure how FM would be profiting from singing a couple of Bob's songs live, but I could see Bob's estate profiting, another reason I hope they do Hypnotized and or Sentimental Lady.

Macfan4life, have you reconsidered whether to see them live this tour? Although I haven't bought tickets yet, I'm pretty sure I'm going. After learning more about Neil and Mike, I'm actually excited to see this version of FM live, whether it lasts or not.
I don't think I am going but its not 100%. Ticket prices are high and I have been spoiled with great seats. Seeing Lindsey and Christine 50 feet away really leaves an impression on you. I had great seats for On with the show in Pittsburgh but in Miami I did not enjoy the concert as much because of the seats were not great and Stevie and Lindsey were having a serious fight that night.
HOWEVER, if the set list is interesting then who knows. I also scored fantastic seats for Stevie's 24K Gold concert months after they went on sale. A month or so before the concert the side stage opened up and I got second row. Got to see Mathew with Stevie's dogs during intermission. I could also see Stevie backstage before the lights went out and curtain went up. So I will pass for now. If an interesting set list comes up and good seats at reasonable prices happen then maybe.
I really hate guessing at songs because I think most everyone's guess is horrible. Its dumb to play Stop Draggin My Heart Around or I Need To know. That's a Stevie solo concert. IF you really want to tribute Tom then do something different that is not affiliated with Stevie's solo shows. How about Insider or Needles and Pins. It would not happen but even I will run to you or Imperial Hotel would be ok.
I suspect a very traditional Mac setlist with 4 songs added (Don't dream its over, Oh Well, another Mac classic, and one Petty tribute). And that does not excite me that much.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-12-2018 at 01:51 PM..