View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Gale Hansen is doing more than not claiming the marriage. His bio is unusual for IMDB in that he emphasizes that his current wife has been his ONLY wife since 1986. I think he is saying that claims to the contrary are a big fat lie and I believe him. Marriage, birth and death certificates are a matter of public record and the information is all online these days. Just as name changes and divorces filings are. If the entry in his bio was false that could be easily established by the same people who made him want to clarify the fact that he wasn't married before in the first place.

Now, you'd have to know what state a person was married in to find a marriage record. Maybe he and Brittney or Kristen weren't married in California. Maybe they were married in Tijuana or Alabama, in which case no one would ever think to check for a license there, but there's also no record of divorce. In California.

At any rate, I believe the correction he has emphasized in his bio.

Michele
Don't know about all that - just pointed out how weird it is. Brittney Hansen, Gale Hansen - not exactly Smith or Jones. That's all.
I have no real care one way or the other. It's just weird.

But, out of curiosity - can't people seal records where they wouldn't be available to the public?

Last edited by CADreaming; 06-20-2012 at 12:42 PM..