View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Both Lindsey and Christine left because of touring and not because of wanting to creatively contribute to the band. Lindsey created most of Tango and did not want to tour. Christine did not tour with the band but still contributed to Time. Stevie is saying she wants nothing to do with new material with the band, does not want to create new music but will graciously sign on the dotted line for big bucks for touring.
I see no comparison. If you don't want to play and contribute with the rest of the band members then you should not be touring with the band. There may not be big bucks in recording but all the money from touring is why you stay with the band. Lindsey and Christine did not have that philosophy.
Bingo. She's showing her hand and its clear that her artistic creativity is long dead. She's clearly in it for the money at this rate. If the legacy of FM is going to end as a 4-piece project, then tour as one too. As someone who has bought her albums, seen her solo countless times and knows every lyric to every song and demo, I think its time to end Miss Nicks' run with the Mac. If she doesn't want to play ball as a full time member then exit gracefully. I would've said the exact same thing about Lindsey in the 80s and Christine in the 90s if the situations had been the same. If anyone doesn't want to contribute to the band, then leave the band. 4 of the 5 want to do a record so you're outvoted. That simple.

But of course thats never going to happen because those 4 people want the legacy of the band to stay intact until the final curtain falls both on stage and in the studio so when you have 5 hardheaded people, what does that get the fans? Another cash-grab "hits" tour and a lackluster finale.

So be it.