View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
feeding the shippers rather than talking about being a producer. Say what you will about Ken, but he did indeed talk about the crafting of the songs and how artistic choices were made etc.
while i agree that there seems to be a bit much catering to shippers on that blog (to put it mildly!), it is entirely possible they ask him the most questions. shipper community seems to have hugely grown since AHS airing (my Say Goodbye intro video from Vegas has almost 38000 views! that's intro only, no song! who do you think is watching that?!?). also, the time Richard lived with them, Lindsey and Stevie actually were a couple.

i asked one question in several different ways, and he finally answered it when someone else asked it again. so maybe he's answering questions that he gets the most?

either way, if you've been reading, he's been very clear, re-iterating several times, that if you want to know about the technical side of making music - Ken is your man. but if you want to know more about the life of the band, behind the scenes and more personal stuff, Richard's blog is a place for you.

after all, Richard was Stevie's and Lindsey's (and then only Lindsey's) roommate for at least half a decade if not longer, from the time they were complete unknows through the time they became rock gods and millionaires. he was paying their rent when they were dirt poor (that contradicts Stevie's long-standing story a bit, doesn't it?). he was Lindsey's best friend for years. he was self-admitted jack-of-all-trades for the band including shoulder to cry on and relationship counselor. he was not just a technical hired hand.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"