View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Well I guess it pleases me to see Tusk in this impressive list of music I almost completely like. Even my fave Kate Bush record is mentioned, which is great, because The Dreaming is very underrated. And it is true that Tusk is a very challenging album that really deserve to be in this list. For YEARS I had the impression that I was the only one on earth who thought that Tusk was this artistic masterpiece ahead of it's time, but thank to the internet I found a few soulmates around here that share my view. Phew.

Oh yes, I've had endless discussions with people who thought Rumours was the second coming and just didn't understand what Tusk was all about. If they even knew that album existed. The discussion usually started out with, oh, is that where that song Sara came from? I made so many people copies of it I was determined to let people see this side of the band instead of having them only be familiar with the likes of the more commercially driven albums like Rumours and Tango. My dad, who is basically the one that taught me about music, for years was convinced that Fleetwood Mac was a band for women, with poppy tunes to dance and sing along to (blame it on the Christine hits, they were the biggest ones here). Imagine my surprise when I delved into it a little deeper and discovered a whole new side. And heh, did I show him. Tusk is his favorite now.