View Single Post
Old 09-04-2017, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just wanted to remind you all that I started this thread as a response the another thread called 'Buckingham McVie is a distraction Fleetwood Mac cannot afford', suggesting that the band could be going ahead if it hadn't been for Lindsey and Chris putting their album out, and which I thought was missing the point a bit. It seemed to me that Stevie's non-involvement was the real reason that things had stalled - after all, this was clearly supposed to be a full band album; the other members had talked about their hopes that Stevie would come into the studio and finish it off, and when she didn't, history had to be rewritten and suddenly it was always going to be a duet album. Lindsey and Christine went out on the road with all those great new songs, and what should have been a wonderful late era for the band turned out to be a major missed opportunity.

Of course, 'Mr Useless' was a flippant and wry comment on their early days, but for me it added to the feeling that any respect and even affection between Stevie and Lindsey that once held the band together has pretty much dried up, and that apart from some cash-grab shows, there's really no chance now of that last great artistic statement from Fleetwood Mac we all long for.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong! I would love there to be an emotional full reunion and a glorious final album, and who knows, maybe there will be, but right now I think that's just a dream.