View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
It would be neat if they did a 20 song set, devoting the first half to material from Mirage and earlier, and the second half to material from Tango, Behind The Mask and Say You Will.
That would be nice, but anything that's not Buckingham/Nicks (with the noted exception of Lindsay's cover of Peter's "Oh Well") era is destined to never be played again by Fleetwood Mac. Nothing from "Tango" was played on the last tour as I recall and "Behind The Mask" has become like a red-headed stepchild, so we can all pretty much forget those two CDs ever existed or those times in the band ever happened.

Despite, of course, the phenomenal success of "Tango", the awesome tour with Rick Vito and Billy Burnette that followed and the fantastic tour for "BTM", which was also a really good CD, although it could have been better and showcased Rick and Billy's talents better as well.

Sadly, if they don't record another album, but decide to just tour, we will be treated to a set list that will only include songs from the "white" album, "Rumours", and "Tusk", intermixed with a few solo tunes from Buckingham and Nicks respectively. It will basically be "Unleashed", part Deux.

I hope they record an album prior to a tour. They'd be foolish not to.