View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
as a gay man.. it's sometimes fun to watch a homophobe... especially when they don't know I'm gay.. but even more fun is when I tell them..
Rather than the look on Dennis' face, I would be interested in the look on Christine's face when she told him "Some of your best friends are gay." I think she was trying to get a rise out of him and I don't think she's not homophobic herself. At least, I get the impression she was back then. A lot has changed over the last few decades.

As far as having fun telling people, it is probably because I used to watch soap operas, but I always especially enjoyed an All in The Family where Michael tells Archie his friend at a bar is gay, but doesn't tell him who that friend is. Archie assumes that the slight young man (played by Anthony Geary of Luke and Laura General Hospital fame) is gay and treats him in derisive fashion. Actually it is the big, burly football player (played by Phil Carey who played Asa Buchanan on One Life to Live), whom Archie rather admired and enjoyed talking to, who turned out to be gay. Michael relished the irony.

Michele