View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But why would it be a secret now? I think she would just say, "Oh, that was about Mick," in much the same way as "If You Ever Did Believe" is admittedly about him.

May have been a clandestine secret then, but by now it's like, "have fun tell the world." I think the secret is about someone she still has not been revealed to have been linked with back then.

Michele
There's no telling at exactly which point those involved (Mick's wife at the time, Lindsey) can handle knolwedge of this relationship. I mean, if we're talking real early it would fit into my theory that Mick asked them to join with the intention of seducing Stevie. I D K might be too much for Lindsey's ego to take--or Stevie's perception of her hold on his heart (one of my best friends called her statements about Lindsey's regrets "deluded").

...or just to sustain the mystery. Yes, it could have been a LOT of guys (folks?) but I feel Mick. Does he play drums on it? If he does, I'm sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But Mick has said that there was always something between him and Stevie, from the time they met and even Lindsey hazily saw it, between tokes.

So, that covert and budding attraction probably did contribute to them being on the cover together.Cover's not iconic to me. I think it's stupid.

I would never let that thing see the light of day anywhere in my home. I hide it.

Michele
TOTALLY agree. That's a less vulgar way of saying what I had meant, based on the information we definitively do have.

I think you have to admit that the album cover is iconic even if it's stupid, like the Michael Jackson Thriller video (which is a dank uninspired affair, compared to those of his sister's videos and his own videos from the Bad album onward).

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 04-04-2011 at 02:02 PM..