View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I agree with absolutely everything you said, especially the part I bolded. I think there was some really wonderful material on SYW. Nobody else seems to agree with me, but I think especially Illume is one of the coolest songs Stevie recorded within Fleetwood Mac. Destiny Rules is utterly classic sounding to me. I love the progressive feel most of the songs exude.

However as an album, I still argue SYW falls short. There is no continuity. Even Lindsey has recently admitted this. Stevie and Lindsey got away with this lack of continuity on Tusk because they still had Christine to bridge the gap. Without Christine as a buffer, Lindsey and Stevie seemed to instead be battling/clashing on SYW. Perhaps SYW was just the learning experience they needed, and the next FM album will benefit from it
And I totally see your perspective and agree with a great deal of what you said. I feel it's truly rewarding when, debating or discussing a topic that two may have differing views, the twain shall meet at some agreement. Bottom line: no matter how anyone personally feels about Lindsey or Stevie musically, the truth is they're both great. I don't want to argue who is greater or the last time one of them was great, I just want to be proud that two great people could be in a band together and, although very different and with an assortment of fans, they can be appreciated for their greatness and the part of it they care to share with us.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL