View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustOrphan View Post
Stevie's, without question. I feel nothing for Lindsey's solo work - either too precious or over-processed - and I'm curious to hear what the Dave Stewart/Glenn Ballard combo brings to the table. Lindsey butchered her last collection of songs ("Say You Will"), so it's been a long eight-year wait for a entire batch of Stevie songs.
I'm so sick of this "Lindsey ruined Stevie SYW songs." Was she not present during the time? If she truly felt the results were below standards why didn't she speak up and tell him so? I don't get how this lady who tells Lindsey frankly she will not record an album with the band unless her particular producer is in command can not speak up and tell him just as well that what he did smelled like **** and he needs to step it up.

Obviously, she didn't have a problem if the results went so far as the completed and released album. Complaining afterward is always easier. I heard the originals...I like what Lindsey did for the most part. I guess the original Smile At You was more powerful, but the one on SYW isn't awful. Truthfully, her songs haven't aged well on there for me. I go back to that album for Lindsey and Thrown Down.

I like Stevie. I used to like her a lot more, but...she just doesn't cut it for me anymore. I hear all the accolades and praises and I get that, but she just isn't all that she's made up to be- for me. I love everything she did on Tusk. It was gorgeous, poetic, flawless. For that alone I surely hold her up to her status, but her solo career? Not even.

I won't poo-poo on her upcoming release. I think it's great news and I want all the best for her. I'm sure it will be a nice album. But I just don't have that eagerness for it. I intend to get it, though, because I have all her others and I like to go back and listen to songs that still do it for me. I hope I will come to like her again as I once did, because there are aspects of her lyrics that remind me SO of myself in some ways. It has to happen naturally I guess.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 03-01-2011 at 10:40 PM..