View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 02:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Especially the pink part! I'm sorry, there is no such thing as steak that is TOO rare. I hate it when the waiter feels like I have to be warned, that "rare" means it might be cool in the middle, and pink. No sh*t, Sherlock!!! I tell em to send it down to the tanning bed for a couple of minutes, then slap it's ass on my plate!

What's in your Hotpot, besides the cabbage? Sounds good. I love cabbage.

I'm making Chile Relleno tonight. Got that poblano peppers roasting, now!
Me and the husband love our steaks rare, y'know just show the pan to the meat!

We have some friends who like their steaks cremated - what a waste, it takes them ages to hack off a bitesize chunk.

Lancashire Hotpot is a simple dish but really tasty, its one of those dishes that gets tastier the longer its cooked or warmed up the day after - except that we never have any left to warm up the day after And I wonder why I can't lose weight!

It's basically bitesize pieces of lamb (which go melt-in-the-mouth tender if cooked for around 4 hours) with lamb stock, onions and carrots, all topped with slices of potato which go nice and crisp on top and fluffy underneath. The cabbage is served as a side along with some mint sauce.

It's funny cos my Mum's tastes different from mine yet they're basically the same but both fantastic!