Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Nicks drops new single ahead of tour with Rod Stewart

Story by Rob Evans
SoundSpike Editor
Published February 9, 2011

Stevie Nicks has released the first single from her forthcoming album "In Your Dreams," and a few more dates have been confirmed for her upcoming co-headlining tour with Rod Stewart.

The new Nicks single is titled "Secret Love," and is available this week via digital retailers. It comes ahead of the release of "In Your Dreams," Nicks' first album of new material in a decade. The album, due out May 3, was co-produced by former Eurythmic Dave Stewart and Glen Ballard.

On the touring front, Nicks and Rod Stewart have added one new stop since last check -- an April 15 appearance in Kansas City, MO -- to their previously announced trek together. They've also added second shows in New York City and Los Angeles.

The tour is slated for a March 20 kick-off in Fort Lauderdale, FL, followed by stops in another 14 North American cities.

Nicks, best known for her time in Fleetwood Mac, will likely visit some of her chart-topping hits while simultaneously promoting "In Your Dreams."

Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Rod Stewart has sold more than 250 million albums in his 50-year career. His most recent set, "Fly Me to the Moon ... The Great American Songbook Volume V," surfaced in October and features more than a dozen classic pop standards.

"I'm already thinking about which of my old favorites to bring back and vocally, I think we've both begun thinking about which songs might be great fun and well-suited for a duet or two," Stewart said of the tour in a recent press release.

http://www.soundspike.com/news/tour/...drops_new.html