View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Junior Ledgie

Age Range: 20

When you became a fan: I became a casual fan at about 5 or 6 years old, but a hardcore fan at 19...

How you became a fan: In '96 or 7 (shortly before their reunion concert) my mom would constantly play their 1988 Greatest Hits on our cd player and turned it up loud so that the whole household could hear it! (This was during a much simpler, and happier time in my life before things became difficult. Thanks to my mom, I've always had an emotional and sentimental fondness for, and an attachment to many of the songs on this cd, particularly "Rhiannon" because I relate it to my childhood). Anywho, if I remember right, The Dance began it's daily rotation on a local tv station when I was 6, and after seeing bits and pieces of it I put 2 and 2 together, realizing that this was the band on my mom's cd. I recognized many of the songs they played, and was finally able to put faces to the voices I had heard on their Greatest Hits (though it would be a while longer before I learned the band's name, and even longer before I learned the names of the individuals in the band ). I recognized Stevie's voice immediately, and she looked as wonderful as she sounded on my mom's cd. I remember being in awe of her for whatever reason...probably the long blond hair? I liked Christine because we both played piano, Lindsey reminded me of my older brother, and Mick's weird faces made me laugh. From then on, I enjoyed listening to them from time to time growing up, but didn't become *obsessed* until "Landslide" caught my attention, and, wanting to hear more of Stevie, I started listening to my step-dads old FM records and...I just couldn't stop. I'm very thankful to have been brought up listening to them.

First 3 FM songs: "Rhiannon", "Everywhere", "Big Love"

First FM vocalist: Stevie Nicks, now it's Chris......

Favorite FM Time Period: Rumours! I know...so typical.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Lindsey 10%, Stevie 20%, Christine 60%, Welch 10%

Concerts you've attended: None ...I'd give an arm and a leg to go back in time...

FM stuff you own: TITN, Rumours, Tusk, Live 1980, and Behind the Mask on vinyl, "Save Me" on 45, Rumours delux on cd

Favorite thing about FM: They can do no wrong musically....ever....

Least favorite thing about FM: The big empty hole that formed when Chris left, one which can only be filled by her presence :..(

Are you the same fan your where when you started: Definitely not. Stevie was my favorite from when I was a small child up until recently. Now Chris occupies that spot...her songwriting has continually inspired me in my own journey of studying and playing piano... Her style is so unique and beautiful.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: A giant reunion concert, consisting of the full Rumours lineup, and other former members, the FM family (Vito, Burnett, Green, Spencer, Welch, Bramlett etc.) making special appearances on different songs throughout.

You wish for the future of the Mac: Comeback Chris! FM needs you!

Last edited by thinkaboutme90; 01-07-2011 at 07:05 AM..