View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A View Post
I read SN Rock a Little tour book from 1985, and she actually had LB included in the special thanks. That shocked me, I thought they hated each other sans 1985 time
I didn't know that! I'm surprised too. During the Tango studio sessions, Mick tells how complicated it was, specially between those two. However read the last phrase.

Stevie finally showed up in January 1987; we'd been working six months, and it was the only time the whole band was in the studio together. We had been sending copies of our working tapes to Stevie's home in Arizona. On her part, she was dreading that Lindsey, in his producing capacity, would be sarcastic toward her, but he made an effort not to be as much of a martinet as he was with the rest of us. He was under some strain with this project, and lost his patience occasionally, but with Stevie we wanted him to be more objective and professional. He tried to make her feel great in the studio, and they got on well. (The love-hate saga between those two will never end.)