View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Registered

^
Thanks, I always like these lists, and there's so many ways to appreciate the information. It's striking how Bon Jovi had to play more than three times the amount of dates than u2 to draw basically the same attendance, grossing just $15 million more. Further down the list, the teen stars made huge dollars playing 62 shows or less. Miley Cyrus had the sweetest ka-ching, I'd say- all those millions for just 23 dates! Bieber needed to play an additional 39 dates than she did for a similar return, so the teen chick really kicked some teen dude butt to the financial curb, per date.
The 50-somethings; George and Reba, did fine on their joint trek without having to play a ton of concerts, in what seems to have been a successful pairing on their 27 date tour.
Also interesting that in the figures for The Eagles; all 60-years-old, and then some -is that neither of the supporting acts- The Dixie Chicks- and whoever else it was, I am blanking right now- well, they're not even listed as having been on the bill! Possibly it's a strategic move, not to be remembered as having been a part of a dinosaur tour that sold-out so few of the dates played? Possibly not, but I think its better for any of their future bookings to let it be forgotten.
Stevie Nicks saved Fleetwood Mac from being a part of that rather dismally received Eagles tour, smart woman!

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-13-2010 at 06:32 PM..