View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
If you keep on reading various Bibles, you will see 'to be circumcized or to be uncircumcized makes no difference"-- it's all throughout my King James New Testament.

That's why I made a point to cite it was Old Testament . Anyone who classifies themselves as Christian should already know that the New Testament is the new covenant... ie: it's supposed to essentially render the Old Testament null and void as far as "rules" go. However, that still doesn't stop fringe groups from citing the Old Testament as the basis and justification for their hatred of certain practices and/or groups of folk . But that's another discussion for another time. I have zero interest, let me state that again:
ZERO INTEREST
in discussing religious matters. I'm simply outlaying why some folks cite religion in regards to circumcision... be it correct or incorrect to do so. To each their own in the way they interpret their beliefs. I've always viewed a person's relationship with their beliefs to be like a marriage. It's a private institution which outside commentary is not welcome. Please note again I will not, *WILL NOT* be drawn into a religious debate.