View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Why didn't the 1990 book (which was the very first mention ever of the New Zealand incident) mention the guitar being thrown?

It certainly wasn't because Mick & Stephen Davis were holding back.

I think that's a good point you raise, David.
I'd say that you would know as well or better than anyone (me) who reached conclusions from the old war stories.
Come to think of it; had SN been kicked on stage by LB, and had a guitar thrown at her, I don't think a 'show must go on' mentality would have kept her performing along, what a giving performer. Human nature would have had to factor in- I think she'd have grabbed a handy SOTM triangle or a tambo or just given a high kick to his lower regions with those nutcracker boots. SN doesn't uh - strike me- as someone who would just take it.
Maybe David and others- notafraid, I think it was- are right. Even with the band on the other side of the world, it likely would have made news, somewhere.
And no-one at the NZ concert seemed to "notice" a kick or a flying guitar?
It is possible that the 'Rhiannon impersonation' which seems for sure to be true, was embellished to include a kick and a tossed guitar.
Maybe that was the point of David and others- just saw that this CAH thread kept coming back to near the top of the Rumours forum, so read a bit of it last night, but not all of it. Not the best way to approach leaving an informed reply of any substance. I'm sorry.
'Rumours' don't convict a person, and the proof does seems vague.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-08-2010 at 12:57 AM..