View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
-Mirage, Tango, Behind The Mask, and Time were all glazed over by one single sentence. I can understand brushing over BTM and Time, but Mirage and Tango should have gotten more attention.

- The whole five minute Lindsey Buckingham Behind The Music mini-show... Why did they interview his wife and brother? That is more time they should have dedicated to the 80's.

- "After Say You Will, the members went on to work on solo projects of their own" *TISL covers comes across screen* *facepalm*

- No new Stevie interviews! Where the hell was our woman?!
I completely agree - they went from Tusk to the '93 "reunion" I was surprised they even showed Behind the Mask and Time album covers.

yeah the Lindsey stuff about his wife kids and stuff was really uncalled for. What about Mick, John, and Stevie's family. Didn't Stevie lose her father recently?

Poor choices in editing were made all around this project, slapped together for the hell of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteShangriLa View Post
i couldnt finish watching it i had to turn it off after they were going on and on and on about Lindsey and his damn wife.
ditto, actually the whole thing made me dislike Lindsey even more...if it's possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Something about the way this band comes off in interviews just annoys me at times. Maybe it's something to do with the times we live in now, things are a lot different than they were in 1997, and sitting and listening to rich, famous people act like making Rumours was such a horrifying, painful, and exhausting experience that they are "lucky to be alive" afterward just seems ridiculous. Seriously, you made an album...you went to a studio, played instruments, sang, produced, yadda yadda. And everyone was breaking up...right, that happens every day too. Hell, LB and SN weren't even married, and none of them (aside from Mick) had any kids involved in these splits. I don't know if this kind of self-pity really resonates with people anymore. I know I personally thought it sounded amusing 13 years ago, but I was 17..now I'm 30, and I just think, seriously, you poor bastards, stfu....move on.

To me, this was a silly revision to what was already a half-assed approach to covering Fleetwood Mac...behind the music. In 1997 it left out a LOT...(1967-75 lasts about what, 1-2 minutes?)...(1980-96 is covered in a phrase, aside from the Clinton inauguration)...I guess I would have thought a revised show would have maybe not focuses as much on repeating what is already known. Gee, NOTHING to report about Mirage, Tango? The whole 1987 breakup and subsequent tours with Billy and Rick? It's not as glamorous as Stevie cleaning houses to make ends meet, but it's the band's history.

The best stuff in the show in my opinion was the Sheryl Crow piece which got more time than I ever thought. Lindsey made me laugh with the comment about her not singing her own songs...clearly he was appalled at the idea.

I wasn't expecting much more from VH1 really, but I think a more detailed "part 2" would have been better...focusing on the years since 1980 would have been more interesting to me. And clearly, new interviews with all of the band members (and Christine) would have been most ideal.
All their 80's contributions got screwed. What does Lindsey have against Sheryl Crow - sounds like he don't want someone taking some of his spotlight.

No new interviews from Stevie and not much respect was given to Christine. no wonder she left the "Stevie/Lindsey show"!

These Behind the Music's really need to be 90 mins or 2 hrs esp for certain groups/artists. Justin Beibers can be 7 minutes and 24 seconds!!

That's all...yah!!