View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Warning, it's long, but worth it:

“Time” didn’t kill Fleetwood Mac. It was merely one more step in what has really been a slow, agonizing death that's been going on for 30 years now.
Thanks for your revisionist account of recent FM history. But what does it have to do with the "death of Fleetwood Mac?" From your summary, it sounds like they have all been busy working on band and solo projects and tours. Sure, there are ups and downs along the road, but that's life: ups and downs. And what was the point of yet again crowbarring in yet another reference to Robert Pollard? Just because he can record a couple of crappy albums quickly (that nobody will buy) does not mean he is some kind of a relevant, vital artist. Quality over quantity, I say. Sure, FM has cranked out only five studio albums in 30 years, but what about the 18 or so solo albums during that period from the Rumours lineup alone? There hasn't been a successful rock group in history that has survived that long without solo projects; what leads them astray is what also leads them back into the fold. I would rather have five group albums in 30 years vs. zero group albums in 30 years.

If all of this music is "agony," then I say bring on the pain; check your morphine drip at the door!