View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Lindsey Buckingham is trying his darnedest to be nice to Stevie Nicks, but she's curt & standoffish. She can be such a nice lady sometimes, & other times such a bitch. What is with her? All she has to do is stand there & play her stupid tambourine, & she gets millions for it, not to mention all the adulation. She acts so put-upon! Exscuuuuuuuuse us, Stevie.
Stephen Colbert did a lovely, empassioned act regarding his excitement over the impending royal nuptials and your comments remind me of that.

Stevie is being a very good reserved girl and very much playing the little sister role that she has described herself as having within the band. Obviously, Christine's presence makes her fill that role, because when it is just the 4 of them, she is less the little sister and more the family's . . . sexy aunt.

When she was dancing and apologized because she didn't realize the camera was still rolling, it reminded me of the Tusk photo shoot where Christine says to her, "what are you doing? Get back in the picture."

Stevie once said that when the 5 of them are together, they feel so beautiful and powerful, as if they are in a movie with all eyes upon them. One of the Carradine brothers said this too, that when the 3 Carradines were together, walking into a bar, they were tough and invincible. There's something magical about answering and feeling as one, about becoming "we" again, when you've been individuals apart. Watching it happen makes me feel both rich and tearful.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 11-20-2010 at 02:41 PM..