View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Buttercookie- because of you talking about Debbie Harry in another thread I have been watching Blondie videos obsessively on youtube! Any suggestions would be great! Don't shoot me but I kind of cringed when she wore some white shorts jumper thing with fishnet hose. I just wanted to grab one of Stevie's shaws and put it on her.

Anywho I must advocate for another of my current obsessions and that's Carole King. I could kick myself for not trying to see her on the recent tour she and James Taylor went on! She's just so cute bobbing around the stage singing "I feel the earth move under me feet" *insert cute little 68 year old lady with wild curly hair bouncing on the stage* "I feel the sky tumbling down..." At 68, her energy and enthusiasm is outstanding.

And how about Tina Turner? She is now 71 but went on her 50th Anniversity Tour in 2008-2009. Her legs still look great and she was shaking her thang all over that stage. I got goosebumps watching her.

Stevie, Cher, Debbie, Carole, and Tina are legends. The next few years is going to be my last chance to see some of the greatest female performers that ever lived. As the days go by and they get older too it's going to be the end of an era really.Stevie just happens to be my favorite of the group. I would go see her even if she was wheeled out on the stage and had a tank of oxygen by her side. Hell I'd even go if she had one of them poo bags. I will love her even when she is old and grey...

He asked me for my love
And that was all