View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
I doubt that Alice Cooper will make the cut. And wasn't 'Alice Cooper' initially a band, and not an individual? Do the original members get into the Hall of Fame, too? I don't think it will wind up being an issue, I'd be very surprised for Cooper to be inducted.
Quoi?

Alice Cooper is a legend - he's been hugely influential in hard rock and metal since the early 70s, and he's an all-around stand-up guy to boot. I don't see why it would be surprising for him to be inducted.

But yes - "Alice Cooper" was originally a full band. Furnier took the band name as his own in '75 and it's been his solo project since. He had 7 studio albums with the band, 4 of which went platinum while a 5th went gold. Of his 18 solo albums, quite a few went gold or platinum both in the US and abroad. So yeah...not seeing why someone that prolific, with that kind of influence and record sales, would be surprising.

But yay Tom Waits!

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''