View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
I went out to dinner tonight with colleagues for a bridal shower. I had lasagna and a half bottle of wine.
Yum. That sounds good.
While I have never liked alcohol, I just mixed myself a vodka and ginger ale. Reading The Ledge with a drink in hand is a first, for me. Oh, and one day shy of 3 months, I have to share... I no longer crave opiates, it's over. Actually, it's been a week now that I've been over it, and it feels so freeing. I quit 3 months ago after almost 8 years on a prescribed opiate 3 times a day, but it was only last week that I felt 'I don't care anymore, it's like I never was on them'. That was BIG.
Truly, I don't like alcohol enough to ever drink a lot. Never have liked it. I just want a little something, it's just how I am, and always have been. But now I know not to get what I like- just have a little vodka maybe twice a month, two drinks is my max.
Happily, I said 'no' to this other narcotic suggested that I try for a month to maintain this, called subutex, this week at my doctor's. No thank you. Didn't need it. Amazed and grateful.
OK, back to the food---tomorrow I'm cooking an old fashioned Commie dinner for my parents and I-- kilbosi, which they love and I hate, kraut, pierogi with grilled onions (which I love), and a small batch of the Hungarian nut pastry my Dad loves, though we aren't Hungarian, made with flour, eggs, sour creme and marzipan with sweet cream butter and sugar and light-brown sugar, chilled, rolled out and then shaped into crescents. I hate that part of the process. My mom is legally blind and her crescents still look better than mine do. Even now, she puts me to shame folding laundry, too. Guess I just can't fold. Oh well. Other than that, I'm great in the kitchen and laundry room!
Leftovers, if any, will be left for Dad after I leave their house. Good baked goods are not to be kept here at my house, overnight, I would wake up from a sound sleep and eat whatever was left and it'd be gone by noon. This vodka is kicking in. Nite

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-23-2010 at 10:08 PM..